DNS Filter (no hardware required)
DNS Content Filter
The LucidView DNS Filter requires no hardware, one simply needs to redirect your organisation to our Cloud Based DNS filtering system. This solution categorises all browsing into the various categories listed in the section below. This allows you to block specific categories from being browsed, you can also create any number of profiles with different browsing rules. For example; students would require a stricter block list than teachers.
Our database includes 6 million active websites and our crawler is constantly working at adding new sites. New sites are analysed and added to the database with the appropriate category within 15 minutes.
Our DNS Content filter is easy to set-up. For organisations with a fixed IP address you simply need to redirect to one of our DNS servers. We have a number of these across the globe.
If your organisation does not have a fixed IP then you need to set-up an l2tp VPN to our Cloud DNS filter, and route the DNS traffic over that VPN.
DNS filtering will effectively stop any users who are trying to browse websites by domain name i.e. www.website.com that are blocked.
DNS Filter Categories
- Adult – Sites containing explicit content.
- Movies – Sites which deliver movies and music content.
- Untrustworthy –HTTPS sites that do not have valid SSL certificates hosted on them.
- Risk – Known malware or phishing sites
- Gambling– Online gambling sites.
- Anonymizer – Web based proxies and unblock sites used to bypass Firewalls and thus, Content Filtering.
- Instant Messaging – (IM) technology is a type of online chat that offers real-time text transmission over the Internet.
- Big Tech Heavy – This category contains heavy bandwidth components of big tech companies such as: Microsoft updates, Facebook video, Instagram images and Apple iTunes. This category was designed to be used for lower priority shaping on congested Internet lines.
- DoH – This identifies DNS connections over HTTPS. Blocking this category is HIGHLY recommended at all times, because this ensures that connections are correctly categories into the other categories. For example, not blocking this DoH category will result in many connections being incorrectly categorised as suspicious or torrent category.
- Social Media – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Ticktok, etc
- YouTube – Allows you to block or schedule time for YouTube, Google Video and Android Updates.