How do I configure time based rules for an Enforcer?
This video is a step by step visual guide on how to add time based rules to your content filter.
For example; social media access can be limited to just an hour a day, say between 13h00 and 14h00 (lunch time) using the LucidView MikroTik Content Filter.
Time Rules are content filtering rules that enable the allowing or the blocking of content based on the type of rule and the time frame configured.
For example, a Time Based Rule can be constructed that can allow Social Media access only between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m, whilst remaining blocked for the rest of the time.
Rule types include category based rules, where you can easily block or allow entire categories based on a time frame. URL List rules, allow you block or allow a list of URLs or IPs. Safe search rules, allow for the enabling or disabling of YouTube and Search Engine safe search features.
How to create a Time Based Rule for your Content Filter
- Log in to your Enforcer Profile.
- Click on “Configure Category Blocking” under Content Filtering, accessible from the main menu, or the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Manage Time Rules”
- Click on “Create New Rule”.
- Select the type of rule you want.
- Once you have selected that you can enter the relevant information and click “Create”
Yes, absolutely. The LucidView MikroTik solution is designed to allow you to create time-based rules for any URL, domain or host.