How our Internet Management Modules work
Not familiar with MikroTik?
This is the technical overview of how the Enforcer works.
LucidView provides a well commented configuration script for MikroTik routers. This script, in a nutshell, does the following:
VPN to LucidView
- Creates a VPN to our cloud.
- Sends raw log data to the LucidView Cloud.
- Netflow and Syslog of DNS lookups are sent to the LucidView Cloud via the VPN created.
- Typically Netflow and Syslog will take up less than 1% of the data line, if the line is saturated.
- Configure your MikroTik Router as a DNS server for your Internal LAN and then set up a LucidView DNS server as an upstream forwarder via the VPN.
Allow LucidView Cloud access to your MikroTik (Optional)
For additional functionality (listed below) you could create a user on the MikroTik router to allow the LucidView Cloud access your MikroTik to:
- Do a DHCP name lookup — This is is useful in the Portal reporting section. (read only permissions needed)
- Set the WiFi password (read and write permissions needed)
All of the above is clearly commented in the actual configuration script provided via the LucidView Enforcer Portal
Click on the button below for step by step instructions, videos and PDF guides on how to build an Enforcer from your MikroTik Router.How to Make an Enforcer